We’re looking for a creative and versatile Senior Graphic Designer with a passion for storytelling and visual communication. The incumbent will be responsible for a wide variety of in-house and client graphic design projects, including environmental graphic design, signage + wayfinding, exhibit graphics, branding + visual identity design, print collateral, marketing support, proposals and presentations. The designer will work independently and as a key partner on fast-paced interdisciplinary teams of architects, landscape architects, visual creatives and interior designers. Reporting to the Director – Graphic Design Studio, you will also work closely with various Project Managers and other graphic designers. Part of your responsibilities will be to oversee and/or assist the work of Junior and Intermediate Graphic Designers on specific projects, as well as manage Graphic Design Interns.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate and motivated designer with a minimum of ten years of experience. You will be required to co-ordinate multiple deadlines in a fluid work environment and communicate with internal and external project team members. Excellent time management skills, attention to detail, strong leadership, professional ethics and strong communication skills are essential.
- Create outstanding and design solutions that adhere to graphic design best practices.
- Design and specify components of signage and complete drawings for fabrication & installation intent, including design specifications, details and sections .
- Act as the main point of contact for clients, vendors, consultants, and project teams on all assigned projects.
- Collaborate with other studios/disciplines to execute collateral creation projects.
- Ensure designs follow project schedules and quality standards.
- Recommend techniques, methods, and media best suited to produce desired visual effects and successfully achieve required design results.
- Discuss and/or articulate schedule, concepts and/or rough sketches with the Director, Graphic Design Studio and/or Project Managers
- Liaise directly with clients on assigned projects.
- Mentor, assign and supervise the activities of interns, junior and intermediate graphic designers on select projects.
- Act as a thought leader and strategic thinker who can understand and engage with a wide variety of other studios within FORREC
- Enthusiastically participate and contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design from an accredited University/College or foreign equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years (post-graduate) related experience as a Signage Designer
- Minimum of 3 years leading teams and/or projects
- Exceptional knowledge of signage + wayfinding strategies and solutions, including fabrication and mounting details.
- Exceptional design sense with the ability to integrate messaging, colour, imagery, and typography into three-dimensional built environments.
- Able to sketch and illustrate digital concepts proficiently in Adobe Illustrator.
- Understanding of wayfinding, applying traffic flow, orientation, hierarchy, typography, symbols and colour.
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines, including the ADA,
- Ability to read the basics on an architectural plan.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Illustration and animation skills are an asset.
- Adobe CC Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesignProficiency in CADTools required
- Proficiency in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Knowledge of Adobe CC After Effects or other motion graphics/animation software an asset
- 3D modelling software knowledge an asset
- Understanding of SketchUp, CAD and Revit an asset
Send resumes to email@example.com.