Designers come to FORREC because our projects are like nothing they’ve worked on before. Imagine the freedom to think up what makes a theme park, water park, resort, visitor attraction or mixed-use development become a number one travel destination. Or to work on landmark projects in Toronto that shape the fabric of a neighborhood here at home.
Creativity is our lifeblood, and we draw from the talents of five studios to get the best results. You’ll collaborate with award-winning architects, landscape architects, interior designers, graphic designers and creative leads to come up with amazing ideas that raise the bar higher than you ever thought you’d go. We want people who challenge the every day. Who are ready to explore what they can really do. If that sounds like you, we should meet.
The Senior Landscape Architect/Designer reports to the Assistant Director – Landscape Architecture Studio and works closely with the Landscape Architecture team and Project Managers. The incumbent is responsible for managing assigned landscape architecture projects, including design development, preparation of technical drawings and meeting client expectations, while ensuring work is within project scope, meets the project schedule deadlines and is within budget. The Senior Landscape Architect/Designer oversees and/or assists the work of Intermediate and Junior Landscape Architects/Designers on specific projects.
- Effectively manages projects of various scales and complexity, from preliminary concept through design development, contract documents and construction administration, including drawing and design production, team coordination and oversight.
- Manages and coordinates the work of Junior Landscape Architects on various projects.
- Designs, develops, modifies and reviews technical/CAD/BIM drawings and assists the production team as needed.
- Reviews drawings and deliverables at all stages of the project for design excellence and quality control.
- Depending upon the size and scope of each project, renders conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and/or oversees the work of others.
- Prepares master planning documents and other written deliverables.
- Develops solutions to technical problems.
- Ensures that all project work is delivered on time and on budget for agreed upon deliverables.
- Manages client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination as well as coordination with internal departments on all assigned projects.
- Integrates innovative approaches to design, technology and sustainability into a range of project types.
- Enthusiastically participates and contributes to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs to further professional development goals, personally and for the overall studio team.
- Shares and contributes their expertise through internal “lunch and learn” programs as well as conference presentations and publications.
- Liaises directly with clients on assigned projects to meet their design needs including presentations, meetings and written correspondence.
- Works closely with Project Managers and other internal team members to meet overall project objectives.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team leads within and outside the company to develop integrated solutions to design and technical objectives.
- May assist in the preparation of proposals and with selected business development initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent.
- 8-10+ years of related professional experience in Landscape Architecture.
- Strong design and graphic communication (hand/computer) skills.
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of Landscape Architecture including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural desktop
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in Computer file management
- Proficiency in SketchUp, InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator graphic software
- Working knowledge/experience in REVIT or other BIM is a significant asset
- Demonstrated technical skills in preparing technical working drawings (grading and layout plans, planting plans, construction details, tender documents and specifications).
- Flexibility to focus on a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team environment, bringing together multidisciplinary ideas and input into integrated project deliverables.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to able sustainability, and innovation to projects depending on project type and opportunity
- Obvious enthusiasm and passion for Landscape Architecture and design.
- Capable of effectively meeting deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
The Extras at FORREC
- A vibrant, creative space in the design hub of Liberty Village.
- Opportunity to work on a diverse range of highly creative projects locally and internationally
- A culturally and creatively diverse group of people who weave fun into their work every day.
- Pool table, video games on-site.
- Free fitness and yoga facilities in the building.
- Varied social events led by our social committee.
- Flexible hours.
- Great benefits.
- Company matching group retirement savings plan.
- Public transit at the door.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank everyone in advance for their interest in this job opportunity, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted directly.
No telephone calls or agencies please.
Send resumes to email@example.com.