Time to flex your design muscle?
Designers come to FORREC because our projects are like nothing they’ve worked on before in traditional design environments. Imagine the freedom to think up what makes a theme park, water park, resort, visitor attraction or mixed-use development become a number one travel destination. Or to work on landmark projects in Toronto that shape the fabric of a neighborhood here at home.
Creativity is our lifeblood, and we draw from the talents of five studios to get the best results. You’ll collaborate with award-winning architects, landscape architects, interior designers, graphic designers and creative leads to come up with amazing ideas that raise the bar higher than you ever thought you’d go. We want people who challenge the every day. Who are ready to explore what they can really do. If that sounds like you, we should meet.
The Senior Landscape Architect/Designer reports to the Assistant Director – Landscape Architecture Studio and works closely with the Landscape Architecture team and Project Managers. The incumbent is responsible for managing assigned landscape architecture projects, including design development, preparation of technical drawings and meeting client expectations, while ensuring work is within project scope, meets the project schedule deadlines and is within budget. The Senior Landscape Architect/Designer oversees and/or assists the work of Intermediate and Junior Landscape Architects/Designers on specific projects.
- Effectively manages the design development of assigned projects from preliminary concept through to detailed design.
- Manages and coordinates the work of Junior Landscape Architects on various projects.
- Creates technical/CAD drawings and assists more junior staff as needed.
- Reviews the technical work of more junior Landscape Architecture staff.
- Depending upon the size and scope of each project, renders conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings or oversees the work of others.
- Designs, develops, modifies and reviews drawings for landscape architectural projects.
- Corrects and updates documents.
- Develops solutions to technical problems.
- Manages client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination as well as coordination with internal departments on all assigned projects.
- Enthusiastically participates and contributes to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs to further professional development of self and more junior Landscape Architects.
- May present training/professional development “lunch & Learn” opportunities in-house for Landscape Architecture staff and others.
- Ensures that all project work is delivered on time and on budget for agreed upon deliverables.
- Liaises directly with clients on assigned projects to meet their design needs.
- Works closely with Projects Managers and other internal team members to meet overall project objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent.
- 8-10+ years of related professional experience in Landscape Architecture.
- Strong design and graphic communication (hand/computer) skills.
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of Landscape Architecture including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural desktop
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in Computer file management
- Working knowledge in SketchUp, InDesign, PhotoShop, REVIT and Illustrator graphic software is an asset
- Demonstrated technical skills in preparing technical working drawings (grading and layout plans, planting plans, construction details).
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Obvious enthusiasm and passion for Landscape Architecture and design.
- Capable of effectively meeting deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
The Extras at FORREC:
- A vibrant, creative space in the design hub of Liberty Village.
- A culturally and creatively diverse group of people who weave fun into their work every day.
- Pool table, ping pong, video games on-site.
- Free fitness and yoga facilities in the building.
- Varied social events led by our social committee.
- Flexible hours.
- Great benefits.
- Company matching group retirement savings plan.
- Public transit at the door.
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your resume and portfolio to the following e-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank everyone in advance for their interest in this job opportunity, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted directly.
No telephone calls or agencies please.
FORREC Ltd. is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all individuals. As such, accommodations for persons with disabilities are available throughout our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, you may make a request via email at email@example.com or by phone at 416-696-8686 ext. 390.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.