The Senior Landscape Architect/Designer reports to the Assistant Director – Landscape Architecture Studio and works closely with the Landscape Architecture team and Project Managers. The incumbent is responsible for managing assigned landscape architecture projects, including conceptual design, design development, preparation of technical drawings and construction oversight, while ensuring work is within project scope, meets the project schedule deadlines and is within budget. The Senior Landscape Architect/Designer oversees and/or assists the work of Intermediate and Junior Landscape Architects/Designers on specific projects.
- Effectively manages the design development of assigned projects from preliminary concept through to detailed design.
- Manages and coordinates the work of Junior Landscape Architects on various projects.
- Creates technical/CAD drawings and assists more junior staff as needed.
- Reviews the technical work of more junior Landscape Architecture staff.
- Depending upon the size and scope of each project, renders conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings or oversees the work of others.
- Designs, develops, modifies and reviews drawings for landscape architectural projects.
- Corrects and updates documents.
- Develops solutions to technical problems.
- Manages client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination as well as coordination with internal departments on all assigned projects.
- Enthusiastically participates and contributes to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs to further professional development of self and more junior Landscape Architects.
- May present training/professional development “lunch & Learn” opportunities in-house for Landscape Architecture staff and others.
- Ensures that all project work is delivered on time and on budget for agreed upon deliverables.
- Liaises directly with clients on assigned projects to meet their design needs.
- Works closely with Projects Managers and other internal team members to meet overall project objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent.
- 8-10+ years of related professional experience in Landscape Architecture.
- Strong design and graphic communication (hand/computer) skills.
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of Landscape Architecture including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural desktop
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in Computer file management
- Proficiency in REVIT/LandFX/BIM software is an asset
- Working knowledge in SketchUp, InDesign, PhotoShop, REVIT and Illustrator graphic software is an asset
- Demonstrated technical skills in preparing technical working drawings (grading and layout plans, planting plans, construction details).
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Obvious enthusiasm and passion for Landscape Architecture and design.
- Capable of effectively meeting deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
Send resumes to email@example.com.