The Senior Architect reports to the Director and Assistant Director(s) of Studio-A to develop project work with members of the Architecture Studio Team as led by Project Managers/Sector Directors within the larger office. The role includes management of assigned architectural project scope, by creatively developing and communicating design concepts in collaboration with FORREC’s five Studio disciplines.
As a Senior Architect, it is important to maintain and meet project expectations internally (e.g. FORREC Management) as well as externally (e.g. Clients and Consultants), while ensuring design work within project scope meets the required schedule and budget. With experience in design and construction as well as management, the Senior Architect is a nimble and adaptive position that also encourages innovation and quality.
The Senior Architect is also a key leadership role within the culture of Studio-A as it openly involves sharing of knowledge and advancing skills of the team. As a resource, responsibilities include overseeing and/or assisting the work of junior and intermediate staff on specific projects to aide in their professional development.
- Effectively manages assigned projects from early conceptual stages through to final completion.
- Works closely with Project Directors/Managers and other internal team members to meet overall project objectives.
- Generates design concepts and drawings through effective communication techniques.
- Depending upon the size and scope of each project, renders conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and oversees the work of others.
- Manages and coordinates the work of Junior and Intermediate staff on various projects to ensure that all project work is delivered on time and on budget for agreed upon deliverables.
- Creates technical CAD/Revit files to assist junior and intermediate staff as needed.
- Prepares, reviews and updates documents during schematic design and design development phases.
- Capable of acting as a liaise directly with clients and consultants on assigned projects to meet their architectural design needs and coordination requirements.
- Manages client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination as well as coordination with internal studio departments such as landscape architecture, interiors, graphics, project management, and creative for all assigned projects.
- Provides architectural mentoring and guidance for junior and intermediate staff for all phases of work ranging from concept design to construction and commissioning as required.
- Enthusiastically participates and contributes to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs to further professional development of self and more junior architecture staff.
- Participates and presents training/professional development opportunities in-house for architecture staff and others in the form of monthly huddles, software introductions and/or general design discourse discussions.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Architecture
- Professional Licensure with the Ontario Association of Architects in good standing
- Minimum of 3 years of Licensed OAA experience
- 15+ years of related professional experience cumulative within the Architectural profession.
- Demonstrates familiarity and expertise in design and construction specifically in Hospitality, Retail, Commercial and Mixed-Use program types.
- Firm understanding of space planning principles, particularly in hospitality and retail.
- Sound understanding of and interest in industry precedents and developing trends, etc.
- Demonstrates familiarity with all phases of architectural design and practice.
- Proficiency in the architectural design and technical software skills including:
– Proficiency in AutoCad
– Proficiency in REVIT
– Proficiency in SketchUp
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
– Proficiency in file management
– Proficiency in InDesign, PhotoShop, & Illustrator graphic software
– Working knowledge and/or interest in other BIM and 3D modelling software and tools
- Excellent graphic and oral presentation skills.
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types and manage multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Demonstrates client and consultant facing ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly via freehand sketching, written descriptions and/or 3D modelling.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and lead when assigned.
- Demonstrates technical skills including familiarity and experience in preparing technical working drawings (plans, sections, elevations, wall sections & construction details).
- Demonstrates familiarity with construction realities and experience working with a variety of consultants to innovate and develop designs through to project completion.
Send resumes to email@example.com.