FORREC is looking for a creative and versatile Junior Graphic Designer with a passion for storytelling and visual communication. The incumbent will be responsible for collaborating on a wide variety of in-house and client graphic design projects including marketing support, proposals and presentations, print collateral, trade show booths, branding/identities, signage, wayfinding and exhibit graphics. The designer will work as a partner on fast-paced interdisciplinary teams of architects, landscape architects, visual creatives, and interior designers. Reporting to the Director – Graphic Design Studio, you will also work closely with various Project Managers and other graphic designers.
The role requires a self-starter with excellent time management skills, attention to detail, and strong communication skills.
Why work with us?
Designers come to FORREC because our projects are like nothing they have worked on before in traditional design environments. Creativity is our lifeblood, and we draw from the talents of five studios to get the best results. We want people who challenge the every day.
- Create original, creative designs and prepare graphic material for production/fabrication
- Collaborate with other studios/disciplines to execute collateral creation projects.
- Ensure designs follow project schedules and quality standards.
- Recommend techniques, methods, and media best suited to produce desired visual effects and successfully achieve required design results.
- Discuss and/or articulate concepts and/or rough sketches with Senior or Intermediate Graphic Design Team Members and/or the Director – Graphic Design Studio and/or Project Managers on assigned projects.
- Ongoing communication with the project manager(s) regarding the progress of assigned projects, ensuring adherence to timeline, deadline and budget.
- Enthusiastically participate and contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs.
- Recent graduate of a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma Program in Graphic Design, Visual Arts or related field from an accredited University/College OR
- Working as a graphic designer for less than 3 years
- Strong creative layout and design skills.
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Illustration and animation skills are an asset
- Interest in designing for the built environment and entertainment an asset
- Proficiency in Adobe CC/CS Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Proficiency in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Knowledge of Adobe CC/CS After Effects or other motion graphics/animation software an asset
- 3D modelling software knowledge an asset
- Understanding of CADTools, SketchUp or Revit an asset
Send resumes to email@example.com.