The Junior Architectural Designer reports to the Studio Director – Architecture and works closely with the Architecture Team and Project Managers. FORREC is a fast-paced creative design and production environment; the incumbent exhibits qualities that enable them to thrive in this type of setting. The incumbent is responsible for collaborating on assigned architecture projects, including the development of concept drawings and designs, while meeting client expectations and ensuring work is within project scope, meets the schedule and is within budget.
- Actively participates in generating architectural design concepts and drawings.
- Renders conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Prepares technical/CAD drawings under the supervision of more senior architecture staff.
- Prepares, corrects and updates documents during schematic design and design development phases.
- Assists in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination as well as coordination with internal departments such as landscape architecture, interiors, graphics, and creative for all assigned projects.
- Works closely with Project Managers and other internal team members to meet overall project objectives.
- Master’s and/or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- 1-5 years of related professional experience in the Architectural profession.
- Demonstrates familiarity with all phases of architectural practice.
- Proficiency in the basic technical practice of architecture including the following software skills:
- Proficiency in AutoCad
- Proficiency in REVIT
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in file management systems and organizational structures
- Proficiency in SketchUp, InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator graphic software.
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types and/or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly and effectively through freehand sketches, graphic presentation skills and clear verbal communication.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an openly shared design process and studio team environment.
- Demonstrates technical skills including familiarity and basic experience in preparing technical working drawings for Schematic Design and Design Development Phases
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.