We are looking for a creative and versatile Intermediate Graphics Designer with a passion for storytelling and visual communication. The incumbent will be responsible for a wide variety of in-house and client graphic design projects including environmental graphic design, signage + wayfinding, exhibit graphics, branding + visual identity design, custom illustrations, print collateral, marketing support, proposals and presentations. The designer will work as a key partner on fast-paced interdisciplinary teams of architects, landscape architects, visual creatives, and interior designers. Reporting to the Director – Graphic Design Studio, you will also work closely with various Project Managers and other graphic designers.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate and motivated designer with a minimum of five (5) years of signage and wayfinding experience. You will be required to co-ordinate multiple deadlines in a fluid work environment and communicate with internal and external project team members and clients. The role requires a self-starter with excellent time management skills, attention to detail, leadership skills, professional ethics and strong communication skills.
- Create outstanding design solutions that adhere to graphic design best practices.
- Design and specify components of signage for fabrication, complete with design intent specifications, details and sections.
- Collaborate with other studios/disciplines to execute collateral creation projects.
- Ensure designs follow project schedules and quality standards.
- Recommend techniques, methods, and media best suited to produce desired visual effects and successfully achieve required design results.
- Discuss and/or articulate schedule, concepts and/or rough sketches with the Director – Graphic Design Studio and/or Project Managers.
- Ongoing communication with the project manager(s) regarding the progress of assigned projects, ensuring adherence to timeline, deadline and budget.
- Mentor, assign and supervise the activities of interns and junior graphic designers on selected projects
- Enthusiastically participate and contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design from an accredited University/College or foreign equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ (post-graduate) related experience as a Graphic Designer, specifically with signage and/or wayfinding experience.
- Conceptually strong and creative design skills
- Exceptional design sense with the ability to integrate messaging, colour, imagery, and typography -into two- and three-dimensional spaces.
- Able to sketch and illustrate digital concepts proficiently in Adobe Illustrator and/or by hand.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines, including the ADA an asset.
- Knowledge of architectural signage + wayfinding strategies and solutions including fabrication and mounting details would be an asset.
- Basic understanding of architectural plans an asset.
- Illustration and animation skills are an asset.
- Proficiency in Adobe CC/CS Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Proficiency in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Proficiency in CAD Tools or desire to learn
- Knowledge of Adobe CC/CS After Effects or other motion graphics/animation software an asset
- 3D modelling software knowledge an asset
- Understanding of SketchUp or Revit an asset
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.