FORREC is looking for a creative and versatile Environmental Graphic Designer with a passion for storytelling and visual communication. The incumbent will be responsible for a wide variety of in-house and client graphic design projects including environmental graphic design, signage + wayfinding, exhibit graphics, branding + visual identity design, print collateral, marketing support, proposals and presentations. The designer will work independently and as a key partner on fast-paced interdisciplinary teams of architects, landscape architects, visual creatives, and interior designers. Reporting to the Director – Graphic Design Studio, you will also work closely with various Project Managers and other graphic designers.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate and motivated designer with a minimum of five years of experience. You will be required to co-ordinate multiple deadlines in a fluid work environment and communicate with internal and external project team members and clients. The role requires a self-starter with excellent time management skills, attention to detail, leadership skills, professional ethics and strong communication skills.
Why work with us?
Designers come to FORREC because our projects are like nothing they’ve worked on before in traditional design environments. Creativity is our lifeblood, and we draw from the talents of five studios to get the best results. You’ll collaborate with award-winning architects, landscape architects, interior designers, graphic designers and creative leads to come up with amazing ideas that raise the bar. We want people who challenge the every day.
- Create outstanding design solutions that adhere to graphic design best practices
- Design and specify components of signage for fabrication, complete with design intent specifications, details and sections
- Act as the main point of contact for clients, vendors, consultants, and project teams on all assigned projects
- Collaborate with other studios/disciplines to execute collateral creation projects
- Ensure designs follow project schedules and quality standards
- Recommend techniques, methods, and media best suited to produce desired visual effects and successfully achieve required design results
- Discuss and/or articulate schedule, concepts and/or rough sketches with the Director – Graphic Design Studio and/or Project Managers
- Liaise directly with clients on assigned projects
- Mentor, assign and supervise the activities of interns and junior graphic designers on selected projects
- Enthusiastically participate and contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design from an accredited University/College or foreign equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ (post-graduate) related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILTIES
- Advanced knowledge of signage + wayfinding strategies and solutions
- Exceptional design sense with the ability to integrate messaging, colour, imagery, and typography into three-dimensional built environments
- Able to sketch and illustrate digital concepts proficiently in Adobe Illustrator
- Understanding of wayfinding, applying traffic flow, orientation, hierarchy, typography, symbols and colour
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines, including the ADA
- Basic understanding of architectural plans
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Illustration and animation skills are an asset
- Proficiency in Adobe CC/CS Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Proficiency in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Knowledge of Adobe CC/CS After Effects or other motion graphics/animation software an asset
- 3D modelling software knowledge an asset
- Understanding of SketchUp, CAD or Revit an asset
The Extras at FORREC
- A vibrant, creative space in the design hub of Liberty Village
- A culturally and creatively diverse group of people who weave fun into their work every day
- Pool table and video games on-site
- Free fitness and yoga facilities in the building
- Varied social events led by our social committee
- Flexible hours, great benefits
- Company contributing Group Retirement Savings Plan
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your resume and portfolio to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
FORREC Ltd. is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all individuals. As such, accommodations for persons with disabilities are available throughout our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, you may make a request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-696-8686 ext. 390.
We thank everyone in advance for their interest in this job opportunity, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted directly. No telephone calls please. No agencies please.
Send resumes to email@example.com.