The Intermediate Architect/Designer reports to the Assistant Director – Architecture Studio and works closely with the Architecture team and Project Managers. The incumbent is responsible for managing assigned architecture projects, including development of concept drawings and designs, meeting client expectations while ensuring work is within project scope, meets the project schedule deadlines and is within budget. The Intermediate Architect/Designer may oversee and/or assist the work of more junior architecture staff on specific projects.
- Generates architectural design concepts and drawings through a combination of hand-sketches and basic 3D modelling (this is a critical process at FORREC, therefore, we encourage applicants’ portfolios to focus on process: how they developed a project’s concept from their initial sketches, through various design iterations, to the final product).
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings or oversees the work of others.
- Prepares technical/CAD drawings and assists more junior staff as needed.
- Prepares, corrects and updates documents during schematic design and design development phases.
- Manages client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination, as well as coordination with internal departments for all assigned projects.
- Manages multiple projects and ensures that all project work is delivered on time for agreed upon deliverables.
- Enthusiastically participates and contributes to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs to further professional development of self and more junior Architecture staff.
- Works closely with Project Managers and other internal team members to meet overall project objectives.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- 5-8 years of related professional experience in the Architectural profession.
- Demonstrated familiarity with all phases of architectural practice.
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of Architecture including the following computer skills:
- AutoCAD/Architectural desktop
- REVIT (excellent knowledge of BIM software is required)
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator)
- Excellent graphic presentation skills.
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate ideas with freehand sketches.
- Demonstrated technical skills including familiarity and experience in preparing technical working drawings (plans, sections, elevations, wall sections & construction details).
Send resumes to email@example.com.