The Human Resources Generalist reports directly to the Director – Human Resources and is primarily responsible for the recruitment function and ensuring a strong and ongoing pipeline of candidates for FORREC. This involves the full cycle of recruitment (sourcing, tracking, screening, keeping in contact, interviewing candidates and presenting viable candidates to Studio Directors and other department hiring managers, as well as, reference checking), in addition to the subsequent drafting of offer letters and the onboarding/orientation of successful candidates. The incumbent is also responsible for providing Human Resources administrative and HR related project support.
Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding
- Prepare and place all internal and external advertisements for recruitment ensuring you adhere to the recruiting budget
- Receive applications, keep track and forward candidates as appropriate to Studio Directors and other Department Hiring Managers
- Manage LinkedIn Recruiter site, posting positions as necessary and screening applicants and forwarding to Hiring Managers as appropriate
- Arrange and conduct interviews by contacting candidates by e-mail or telephone
- When participating in interviews, organise interview space and set up the room for interviews, this includes preparing for any online or WebEx/Skype interviews as needed.
- Contact by telephone unsuccessful candidates who have been interviewed to thank them and advise them that the position has been filled or that we are pursuing other candidates
- Prepare all new employment contracts and employment packages, follow up with hiring managers, other internal departments and new employees regarding onboarding process and procedures e.g., first day orientation, who to ask for, what time to arrive, etc.
- Diarize start dates in HR shared calendar and send reminders to hiring managers prior to 3-month probationary period ending to ensure new employees have passed their probationary period and meet with team members to enroll in group benefits and group retirement plans
- Manage onboarding and orientation process, from new hire welcome e-mail and checklist, sending out new team member bio to all employees via e-mail to organizing workstation set-up, work buddy matching and first day orientation including office tour and introduction and ensuring they receive appropriate training on software standards, phone system etc. with appropriate internal providers
- Ensure new employees complete mandatory online AODA, OH&S, Workplace Violence and Harassment training their first week of work and file completion certificates in their personnel files
Training & development
- Collect incoming publications for training courses and investigate other training opportunities (non-software related) for staff upon request
Human Resources/personnel files
- Provide resume, offer letter and any other related documentation to payroll for all new hires for their confidential record keeping
- File any benefits and group retirement documentation and any other confidential documentation into personnel files located in within the Finance Department
Annual Performance Review and Job Evaluation
- Assist with the administrative duties of the annual performance and salary review process as required or requested
- File all completed and signed performance review forms in the HR filing cabinet
- As a member of the job evaluation committee, perform confidential job evaluations on all newly created or material changes to positions within the company in order to assign appropriate job band level
- Maintain and update personnel records for staff (paper) as needed and keep Payroll informed of any changes to employee information
- Keep Payroll and Reception informed via e-mail of any leave requests (i.e., vacation, personal days, maternity/parental leave, unpaid time off, etc.)
- Update the Employee Policy and Procedure Handbook (online) when requested by the Director – HR
- Update the salary and department spreadsheet as requested by the Director – HR
- Keep HR department filing up to date
- Other duties and special projects as required or requested by the Director – HR
Benefits & Group Retirement Plan Administration
- Diarize using HR shared calendar and enroll new team members online onto the Group benefits plans (Manulife and RBC) and voluntary Group Retirement Savings Plan (Manulife) – this includes meeting with team members to have them complete paperwork and explain our Group benefits plan and group retirement savings plan to them in detail and answer any questions
- Remove terminated employees from the benefits plan and group retirement plan
- Diarize employees’ anniversary dates (in excel) and inform employees when they occur so that they may increase their voluntary group retirement contributions to obtain company matching contributions if desired
- Timely review of FORREC’s monthly benefits billings to ensure they are accurate, up to date and complete before forwarding to Finance for payment
- Follow up with benefits advisor (UsefulIdeas) and insurance companies (Manulife and RBC) as well as Group Retirement Plan provider (Manulife) when necessary to handle any issues regarding the plan(s), it’s administration, billings and contributions as required
- Answer and resolve any benefits or group retirement savings plan queries from employees and follow up on any outstanding requests or issues
- Refer employees to Manulife or Usefulideas if they have any investment questions related to the group retirement savings plan
OH&S, AODA, Workplace Violence & Harassment Training Facilitation
- Manage Occupational Health & Safety administration and compliance for FORREC
- Assist with forming the JHSC Committee
- Ensure all new team members complete the mandatory online training modules through Prolearning Innovations and the government website (for OH&S) – this includes all administration and tracking (in excel) to ensure every new employee completes the required training modules i.e., AODA, Bill 168/132, OH&S and IAS Manager (for all people managers)
- Minimum of an Undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree
- Post graduate certificate in Human Resources Management
- Obtained or working towards CHRP or CHRL designation
- Working knowledge and practical application of Employment Standards Act (ESA) Ontario, Human Rights Legislation
- 4 – 6 years of experience in an HR generalist role with a heavy focus on full cycle recruitment.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the professional services industry (i.e., architecture, law, accounting, marketing/advertising) preferred
- Excellent command of English language, both oral and written
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Focused on providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Flexible, straightforward and independent
- Strong computer literacy – MS Office products – Outlook, Word, Excel as well as ability and comfortable with the use of web-based social media recruiting tools – LinkedIn.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
FORREC Ltd. is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all individuals. As such, accommodations for persons with disabilities are available throughout our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, you may make a request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-696-8686.
We thank everyone in advance for their interest in this job opportunity, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted directly.
No telephone calls or agencies please.
Send resumes to email@example.com.