Time to flex your design muscle?
Designers come to FORREC because our projects are like nothing they’ve worked on before in traditional design environments. Imagine the freedom to think up what makes a theme park, water park, resort, visitor attraction or mixed-use development become a number one travel destination. Or to work on landmark projects in Toronto that shape the fabric of a neighborhood here at home.
Creativity is our lifeblood, and we draw from the talents of five studios to get the best results. You’ll collaborate with award-winning architects, landscape architects, interior designers, graphic designers and creative leads to come up with amazing ideas that raise the bar higher than you ever thought you’d go. We want people who challenge the every day. Who are ready to explore what they can really do. If that sounds like you, we should meet.
The Intermediate Architect/Designer reports to the Assistant Director – Architecture Studio and works closely with the Architecture team and Project Managers. The incumbent is responsible for managing assigned architecture projects, including development of concept drawings and designs, meeting client expectations while ensuring work is within project scope, meets the project schedule deadlines and is within budget. The Intermediate Architect/Designer may oversee and/or assist the work of more junior Architecture staff on specific projects.
- Generates architectural design concepts and drawings through a combination of hand-sketches and basic 3D modelling (this is a critical process at Forrec, therefore, we encourage applicants’ portfolios to focus on process: how they developed a project’s concept from their initial sketches, through various design iterations, to the final product).
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings or oversees the work of others.
- Prepares technical/CAD drawings and assists more junior staff as needed.
- Prepares, corrects and updates documents during schematic design and design development phases.
- Manages client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination, as well as coordination with internal departments for all assigned projects.
- Manages multiple projects and ensures that all project work is delivered on time for agreed upon deliverables.
- Enthusiastically participates and contributes to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs to further professional development of self and more junior Architecture staff.
- Works closely with Project Managers and other internal team members to meet overall project objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- 5-8 years of related professional experience in the Architectural profession.
- Demonstrated familiarity with all phases of architectural practice.
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of Architecture including the following computer skills:
- AutoCAD/Architectural desktop
- REVIT (excellent knowledge of BIM software is an asset but not required)
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator)
- Excellent graphic presentation skills.
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate ideas with freehand sketches.
- Demonstrated technical skills including familiarity and experience in preparing technical working drawings (plans, sections, elevations, wall sections & construction details).
The Extras at FORREC
- A vibrant, creative space in the design hub of Liberty Village.
- A culturally and creatively diverse group of people who weave fun into their work every day.
- Pool table, ping pong, video games on-site.
- Free fitness and yoga facilities in the building.
- Varied social events led by our social committee.
- Flexible hours.
- Great benefits.
- Company matching group retirement savings plan.
- Public transit at the door.
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your resume and portfolio to the following e-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank everyone in advance for their interest in this job opportunity, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted directly.
No telephone calls or agencies please.
FORREC Ltd. is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all individuals. As such, accommodations for persons with disabilities are available throughout our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, you may make a request via email at email@example.com or by phone at 416-696-8686 ext. 390.